Avocado Toast

 




Honestly speaking I had no idea what avocados were until a few years back. Thanks to the internet. there are avocados everywhere now😃😃 Thankfully, I can find avocados at a grocery just down my apartment and my family loves the avocado toast as much as I do. I remember the time when I bought my first avocado and wanted to taste it as I had heard that it's tasteless. But I wouldn't believe until I tried it for myself. I must say I was underwhelmed and seriously regretted buying such an expensive fruit but then I thought of searching for some recipes and I found the most amazing toast recipe and guacamole recipe. Both dishes a big hit in my house and a staple.

Creamy avocado spread onto well-toasted multi- grain bread is one of my favorite quick meals. It's so delicious, I'd call it one of  life's simplest pleasures. If you haven't tried it already, you've been missing out and I suggest that you give it a shot immediately. The secret to getting this dish perfect is picking up the best avocado and the perfect bread. Look for avocados that yield a bit to a gentle squeeze  but avoid using avocados that are mushy. For the bread - thick sliced , multi-grain bread make the best avocado toast.



Prep time : 3 mins

Cooking time : 2 mins

Serves : 3


Ingredients :

1 Avocado

3 slice Multi-grain bread

Juice of 1 lemon

1 pod of garlic

Salt



Method:


Toast the slice of bread until golden and firm.

Cut the avocado into half , remove the pit and with a big spoon scoop out the flesh. Put it in a bowl and mash it up with a fork till smooth. Add in the salt , crushed garlic and juice of a lemon and give it a good mix.

Spread avocado on top of your toast and enjoy it as it is or top it with toppings of your choice.


P.S. : I like to add cherry tomatoes and basil as toppings. Just cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and place them in a bowl. Add basil leaves and season it with very little salt and mix well. Place them above your avocado toast and enjoy.

Comments